Sunday, August 7, 2016

First Helicopter Ride




So, I recently turned 30, and my husband and my brother so thoughtfully kidnapped me and whisked me off to Arizona for one of the greatest days of my life!

Helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon?! Yes, please.

Rather than let me stick to our planned Vegas trip, my husband and my brother surprised me with a mysterious 2+ hr drive to the middle of the desert.  I had no idea that these sneaky guys had booked a full day filled with a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, horseback riding, and a hike along the rim of the Grand Canyon itself.

This helicopter ride was probably one of the coolest experiences I've ever had.  Definitely one of the best ways to see the Grand Canyon.  Even though I had no part in this plan, I have to admit it was a pretty great one!  Happy birthday to me!

Our helicopter sitting in front of Spirit Mountain in Arizona.
The co-conspirators...
David's excited to get up in the air.
Matt's a little pumped too...
I'm a natural at putting the headset on...
too bad I couldn't talk loud enough to activate it!
Pretty happy I got to ride shotgun!
#birthdayperks
 Sights from the Helicopter




















No comments :

Post a Comment