Sunday, November 2, 2014

W72: At first I was afraid... I was petrified...

My brother, Matt, and I drove to Fowler Park in Terre Haute, IN this past weekend
to participate in our first ever Zombie Survival Race!

It was a 5k obstacle course of the worst kind... 
There was no leisurely pace like there was with the Warrior Dash... 

No, in this race, your very life was at stake!


 Pre-Race Bliss
Before the zombie apocalypse began...

This covered bridge served as the starting line.
If you look closely, you can see the first obstacle:
a wooden wall about 6 feet tall.
I ain't afraid of no...zombie!
  
Race-Time Action Shots!
One of several challenging obstacles.
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.
Matt avoiding the zombies like a pro!
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.
This has to be somewhere near the end.  I believe I only have one flag left...
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.
Rope obstacle.
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.

The dreaded wall obstacle!
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.
A hoard of zombies...
They don't look it, but some of these guys were ruthless!
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.
"Cures"
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Events.


Post-Race Victory!!
Matt and I survived the zombie race with our cures!
I have the "hero" badge to prove it!

Coming up... Week 73: Healthy Apple Crisp

No comments :

Post a Comment