Monday, September 29, 2014

W67: Ain't No Rest for the Wicked...

As you may recall, one of the gifts for my husband's 30th was tickets to see 
Cage the Elephant and The Black Keys at United Center in Chicago!

Pictured above is Cage the Elephant in all their glory
rocking out to a full set of fan faves.

While The Black Keys were technically the headliners...


...we were much more impressed by hyperactive front man Matt Shultz
and the amazing band that is Cage the Elephant.


They knew which songs the crowd wanted to hear
and stuck to what they do best.
I only heard one or two songs that I didn't recognize,
but I liked them so much that I want to hear more!

Meanwhile...

The Black Keys set was full of new songs (which nobody knew)
topped off by a fairly lackluster performance on their part...





On the plus side, it was much easier to take pictures of lead singer Dan Auerbach
as he pretty much stayed in the same spot for most of the show...


All in all, it was a decent show... definitely not the best we've been to,
but we started the night off right with some good eats at The Aberdeen Tap.


Pork Belly Grinder:
braised pork belly, sauteed kale & apple cinnamon butter

Plus, I love any quality time that I get to spend with this guy!

 Oh yeah... and I chopped all of my hair off Saturday...

So, what do you think?!

Coming Up... Week 68: Baby Love!

No comments :

Post a Comment