Sunday, July 13, 2014

W56: Random Firsts

Everywhere I turn, I see articles about all these different uses for sriracha:

CHOW: 50 Things to Do with Sriracha

Bon Appetit: 25 Ways to use Sriracha

Food & Wine: 10 Ways to Use Sriracha

and so on and so forth...

So, I figured I would give the ole sauce a try this week.

I normally don't like hot, spicy foods so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I do like Tabasco sauce, so I thought there might be some slim possibility that I would like sriracha too.


Nope.

This week I learned, without a doubt, that sriracha is not for me.

Not to be discouraged from experiencing new things, I also decided to branch out when we ordered Chinese food this week.  I usually stick to the safe, Americanized foods like Broccoli & Beef and Sweet & Sour Pork.  But given, my sriracha experience, I thought that I should order something I've never tried before.  I ordered Moo Shu Chicken (and yes, I realize that it's still Americanized--baby steps, people).

Although Moo Shu is delicious, I felt like it was a lot of work to assemble those rolls... Plus, if I'm going to have a food wrapped up like that, I would prefer it to be fried like an egg roll.

If you're keeping track at home, I tried two new foods this week and would probably not eat either again.  Branching out is not always all its cracked up to be, but at least I'm making an effort.



Coming Up... Week 57: Run Turkey Run

No comments :

Post a Comment