Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week 34: Tap Takeover

A "tap takeover" is basically a promotional event where a brewery comes in and "takes over" most the taps at a given bar.  For however long the takeover runs, the bar serves a larger selection of that brewer's beers than is normally available.  This intended to get craft beer enthusiasts excited about that particular brewer as more and more breweries pop up and loyalties wane.

In this case, I went to a Dogfish Head tap takeover at The Blind Pig.   

These were the Dogfish Head beers on tap:



Dogfish Head Sixty-One

Pictured on the way right, our new friend, Zach (a rep from Dogfish Head) brought us a bottle of Noble Rot to try.


We were able to talk to Zach, the rep from Dogfish Head, about the direction the company was going with the types of beers they plan to produce.  It was interesting to me that they were trying to get more women into craft beers.  Noble Rot is kind of a cross between beer and wine which the company believes will appeal more to the female demographic.  I will say it was completely different than any other beer I've ever had.  It almost reminded me of champagne.  I tend to drink ciders and fruit beers so this beer is certainly a step in the right direction in my opinion.

All in all, it was a good time.  I would definitely go to a tap takeover again!


Coming Up... Week 35: Character Development

No comments :

Post a Comment