Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week 31: A Musical Interlude

I received a ukulele for Christmas!


This week, I learned how to tune my uke, play a few chords, a little strumming technique, and I can even play a song (almost).  I can play the chords to Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".  I can also fumble my way through Sublime's "Santeria" (with the exception of one chord which I have not yet determined is actually necessary for the song) and the intro and chorus to One Republic's "Counting Stars".  If that doesn't show you how schizophrenic my taste in music is...

Anyway, I am going to keep working on it, but I am hoping to eventually be able to post a video.

Coming Up...  Week 32: Pulp Fiction

2 comments :

  1. Yeah where are those videos....both Hallelujah and Santeria sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I won't post anything unless it's perfect... and I am not there yet. I need to work on my strumming technique!

    ReplyDelete