Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week 27: Under Wraps

snowflake newspaper wrapping paper
tree newspaper wrapping paper
This week, I put my piles of old newspapers to good use and revamped them into wrapping paper.   To go with the theme, I found some burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby (on sale).  It was a pretty time consuming endeavor, but once I started, I really got into it.  I found out that I could use the packing paper from the inside of my Crate & Barrel purchases as well.  And, to cut down on the time it took to paint each page, I made tree stamps out of potatoes.

tree newspaper wrapping paper

green to red newspaper wrapping paper
 










tree newspaper wrapping paper
                   
tree potato stamp
 
tree potato stamp

Hand-painted snowflake newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon

Hand-painted tree newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon
 
Stamped tree newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon

Packing paper (from Crate & Barrel purchases) with burlap ribbon

Stamped tree newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon

Stamped tree newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon
Hand-painted green to red newspaper wrapping paper with burlap ribbon
Packing paper (from Crate & Barrel purchases) with burlap ribbon


Coming up...   Week 28:  The Fit Life

No comments :

Post a Comment