Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 22: Make it Work!

So I have a bunch of old t-shirts that I keep meaning to do something with, and this week I finally did!  

I converted them into workout shirts!  

My mom and I have been going to the gym about three times a week for a couple months now.  It has been going pretty well actually.  I am pushing myself each time to work just a little harder, to stay on the treadmill just a little longer, and I feel like it is starting to pay off.  

The physical effects may not be obvious to others yet, though I am convinced that my abs are just beneath the surface, but I already feel better both physically and mentally.  I have been channeling my frustrations into my workouts instead of dwelling on them.  

And, I definitely feel it when I skip a workout. 

Or, when I eat fast food instead of real food.

I think we have been going to the gym long enough now that my body craves the exercise.  Yay!

I also looked up Warrior Dash training schedules again this week and I am starting to prepare for my run way before I need to according to these programs, so I should be in pretty good shape by the time June rolls around.  I also found out that there is a Color Run in our area in May so I am signing up for that as well.  My mom has agreed to do it too!

The plan is to stick to working out at the gym three times a week and gradually increasing the intensity then eventually add a day of Insanity to the routine.  I am hoping it might be easier for me to do some of the moves now that I am in better shape than I was the first go-around.  I also want to work in some more yoga.

And now I'll have some awesome "new" shirts to work out in!

Front View of my Liz-Crawl t-shirt from 2007
Back View of my Liz-Crawl t-shirt from 2007

Removed the sleeves, collar, and bottom of the t-shirt

Cut a V down the back of the t-shirt

Front View of the Finished Product

Back View of the Finished Product.  I tied the bottom strip that I cut off of the t-shirt to the back to create the racer back.  The edges are little rough right now due to my poor fabric cutting skills, but I hope they will smooth out once I wash the shirt.
Front View of my "Morgan's Mission to Save Lives" organ donor t-shirt from 2010
 
Back View of my "Morgan's Mission to Save Lives" organ donor t-shirt from 2010

Front View of the Finished Product.
Back View of the Finished Product.  Actually wearing this one to the gym tonight.
 

Coming Up... Week 23:  A Trivial Pursuit




1 comment :