Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 18: Oktoberfest

I have already expressed my love of the German language and culture in Week 3: Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Ultimately I would like to attend the real Oktoberfest in Munich, but considering my funds are limited and my German language skills are not quite at the level I would like them to be, I am constrained to the local Oktoberfest.

My husband enjoying a beer at the local Oktoberfest.
Although beer fests are fairly popular in the US these days, I had not yet been to an Oktoberfest of any kind.

I have to say it was a pretty good time all around.  The event turned out to be larger than anyone expected so they ran out of some beers fairly quickly, but other than that we had fun.

Here is a picture of my husband, David, drinking a beer towards the end of the night at Oktoberfest.  I may or may not have had enough liquid courage to jump up on stage with a rather vulgar polka band for the chicken dance, but mysteriously enough there is no photographical evidence of that particular incident so who's to say what really happened.


Coming Up... Week 19:  Kale me maybe?

No comments :

Post a Comment