Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 16: I am the Warrior... or will be...



In light of recent inward reflections, I decided to really throw myself into changing these negative behaviors.

My mom and I joined a gym and plan to work out 3-4 times per week.  I think this will help not only with relieving stress but also in increasing confidence.  I always feel stronger, more capable when I work out and eat healthy.  The only hurdle is sticking with it.

 Like anything I do, I am usually gung-ho about working out for the first week or so then my enthusiasm slowly tapers off.  I have decided, therefore, to give myself a goal to work towards.

I am going to do a Warrior Dash!

For those of you who don't know what a Warrior Dash is, it is basically a 5k with 12 obstacles.  There is a lot of climbing and crawling and mud.  Oh so much mud...

I will admit that I have not done Insanity in a long time, but I am hoping to get back into it after I have developed a steady workout routine at the gym.

This particular event doesn't take place until June 2014 so I should have plenty of time to train and slowly build strength and stamina.  I have already heard a lot of naysayers voicing their opinions on my ability to do so, but I don't care.  I am going to do it anyway.


Please hold your judgments until we get closer to the race. 


Coming Up...  Week 17:  Horrorific Writing

No comments :

Post a Comment