Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 7: An Auctionary Tale

Truth be told my stint in daily exercise has not gone well at all, folks.

I have not been feeling well lately which has given me all the excuse I need to avoid that daily chore.  I think I need to take better care of myself in general.  I could probably eat much better than I have this past month or so.  And stress out a little less.  And get more sleep.  All of which I fully intend to do.

Eventually.

Therefore, instead of focusing on the negative (i.e. the lack of workouts), I have decided to focus on a positive:  community service.  Since finishing school, I feel a little lost.  This is the end of an era.  I have literally been in school since I was...what --three?  four years old?  That is a really long time, people.

With my newfound free time, I naturally decided to fill it up immediately.  I saw an ad on a local volunteer website for an organization in need of a "Data Input Processor, Description Writer, Product Photographer" to help with their annual silent auction.

Perfect, right?

It gets better.  This little organization was founded in 2006 to develop both music-making and -appreciation in the area.  This is quite possibly the perfect volunteer work for me.  I could incorporate my love of writing and photography and music in a forum that actually does good in the community.

So, I signed up.

Now, it's only two to four hours per month until the auction on November 2nd and I haven't officially started yet, but I feel pretty good about it.  I am attending a volunteer luncheon next Saturday so I'll have to keep you all posted.


COMING UP... Week 8:  The Grass is Always Greener...

1 comment :