Sunday, June 9, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

Hello, my name is Brit.  I am a nondescript, married, twenty-something Midwestern woman who works in banking and is nearly finished with grad school.

I have no sense
of who I am
outside
of those
things.

My husband loves hockey, plays in a dart league, and even brews his own beer.

And I have...
well, there's...
um...

nothing.

I swear I used to be a lot more interesting than this.  I used to be passionate about literature and writing and music.  Somewhere along the way I lost that passion.  I lost my individuality, my sense of who I am outside of work and school and my relationships.

After a great deal of moping around, I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and finally came up with a solution:

Once per week for the next year, I will push myself to try something outside of my comfort-zone and report back on both my successes and my failures.  The goal is to find my way back to me and to hopefully grow a little bit along the way. 

COMING UP... Week 1: Ch-ch-ch-chia seeds

2 comments :

  1. I am excited to live vicariously through your experimentation with adventure!

    Love from North Kakerlake,
    Critter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that we can share our writings together now! Can't wait to read everything!

    ReplyDelete